Help Middle and High School students enter the Verizon App Challenge.
Meet once a week with a Team of Girls and coach them through the brainstorming, selection, sketching and design and submission of the app concept.
Teams submit their design concepts online through a three-minute video and an essay. "Best in State" teams will be selected and recognized. Winning teams will receive mobile devices, thousands in cash for the program, and the opportunity to be coached by MIT Media Lab professionals to build their app and bring it to Google Play store. The winning students retain intellectual property rights to their app.
- Mobile Programming
- Website Programming
- Computer Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hours / week for 10 weeks Evenings or Week-ends
- STEM Speaker Series coordinator
- Executive Assistant to the Board...
- Development: Corporate...
- Academic Director
- Community Manager (Newark, NJ)
- Mentoring program coordinator
- App Inventor Coach
- Development: Retail Stores...
- Public Relations for a Community...
- Computer Science Education...
- Google Apps/Calendar support
- Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- Content Writer
- Development: Sponsors Development
- Organizational Chart maintenance
- Development: NationBuilder and...
- Community Manager (Elizabeth, NJ)
- Morris County Site Lead