Help Middle and High School students enter the Verizon App Challenge.
Meet once a week with a Team of Girls and coach them through the brainstorming, selection, sketching and design and submission of the app concept.
Teams submit their design concepts online through a three-minute video and an essay. "Best in State" teams will be selected and recognized. Winning teams will receive mobile devices, thousands in cash for the program, and the opportunity to be coached by MIT Media Lab professionals to build their app and bring it to Google Play store. The winning students retain intellectual property rights to their app.Submission is Due November 18.
- Mobile Programming
- Website Programming
- Computer Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hours / week for 10 weeks Evenings or Week-ends
- STEM Speaker Series coordinator
- Graphic Designer Adobe Illustrator
- Administrative support for STEM...
- Google Classroom expert
- App Inventor Coach
- Retail Stores Fundraising...
- Public Relations for a Community...
- Teamviewer (or other remote...
- Matching Gift Manager
- CyberPatriot program advisor
- Gardening with kids
- Field Trip Coordinator
- Land Attorney
- Land Surveyor
- AfterSchool program coordinator...
- LIDAR Data Expert
- Tableau /Software
- High School Counseling for STEM...
- ConstantContact expert