Help Middle and High School students enter the Verizon App Challenge.
Meet once a week with a Team of Girls and coach them through the brainstorming, selection, sketching and design and submission of the app concept.
Teams submit their design concepts online through a three-minute video and an essay. "Best in State" teams will be selected and recognized. Winning teams will receive mobile devices, thousands in cash for the program, and the opportunity to be coached by MIT Media Lab professionals to build their app and bring it to Google Play store. The winning students retain intellectual property rights to their app.
- Mobile Programming
- Website Programming
- Computer Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hours / week for 10 weeks Evenings or Week-ends
- STEM Speaker Series coordinator
- Graphic Designer Adobe Illustrator
- Site Engineer/Surveyor for...
- Community Manager (Newark, NJ)
- App Inventor Coach
- Retail Stores Fundraising...
- Event organizer/recruiter for...
- Editorial Staff for STEM content
- Public Relations for a Community...
- CyberPatriot program advisor
- Wix Store Consultant
- Human Resource Support for STEM...
- Community Manager for Newark, NJ
- Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- Sponsors Development
- NationBuilder and Fundraising...
- High School Counseling for STEM...
- ConstantContact expert