The annual Calico Challenge, run by the Palisadoes Foundation in collaboration with the Jamaica Computer Society, provide mentorship and stipends for students to participate in international open source projects.
We need a
Marketing and Donations Manager
This person or persons will be responsible for marketing the annual Calico Challenge. We are looking for persons both within and outside Jamaica.
Marketing and Donations Manager Responsibilities and Duties
This person or persons will be responsible for ensuring that the operational goals of the Palisadoes Foundation’s Calico Challenge are met. This recurring project, with an established schedule, that is entering its second year.
- Keep relevant persons informed of notable developments at the Palisadoes Foundation and the Calico Challenge using all forms of media.
- Search and obtain funding opportunities to sustain and expand the program, specifically focusing on private donors, family foundations, regional corporate sponsorships, community fundraising, government funding, and other sources.
- Develop and follow fundraising strategy, calendar and goals
- Write competitive grant applications after identifying corporate/foundation funding opportunities when necessary.
- Build lists, contact, meet, and steward multiple donors
- Develop, produce and distribute sponsorship packages
- Plan and execute fundraising events
- Produce and deliver professional correspondence including thank you letters
- Develop professional information packets.
Project Manager Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend weekly coordination calls with the Jamaican university engineering and computer science student bodies . Ensure that action items are being completed on time by the attendees.
- Update student, mentor and principal donor participation agreements to be both readable and conforming with expected norms.
- Ensure that relevant participation documentation are signed and archived.
- Adjust the annual Calico Challenge calendar for the subsequent year and ensure the schedule goals are maintained.
- Donor Management
- Project Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Public Relations
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5 hours a week