10 REASONS TO VOLUNTEER WITH THE WORLDVIEW PROJECT:
1. You will be actively involved in furthering the cause of greater cross-cultural awareness, understanding and engagement. (It's what we do!)
2. You will work with smart, enthusiastic, talented and committed volunteers who hail from all over the world, of all ages.
3. You will work in a friendly, safe and supportive environment (please check our reviews!).
4. You can enhance your resume (employers often check to see if a job seeker volunteers). If you do a great job (and have put in sufficient time), you can ask for a reference.
5. You will do work that is important (although some routine tasks still have to be done!).
6. You will get to share your own international experiences (if any).
7. We will do our best to match your skills and interests with our needs.
8. You will have the opportunity to develop new skills or improve the ones you already have.
9. You may get to eat some outstanding ethnic food (and are encouraged to share!)
10. There is considerable room for growth in responsibility and the impact you have.
The Worldview Project is a San Diego based non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural awareness, understanding and appreciation through: web-based resources, programs, publications, social networking and events.
The Worldview Project publishes the online magazine, The San Diego Participant Observer. The Participant Observer (aka "Parobs" www.parobs.org) is a multi-sectioned magazine dedicated to "Celebrating cultural diversity here, there and everywhere". A central feature of the magazine is our calendar which covers local ethnic, cross-cultural and multicultural events in the San Diego area. We are looking for one or more volunteers to research local events and post them on our calendar. Knowing HTML is helpful, but not required (we can teach you!). Working on the calendar will give you new insight about all the wonderful events that are happening in and around San Diego. We have a very diverse team of volunteers. Please visit the Participant Observer website to learn more about the kind of content we cover. Attention to detail and curiosity are a must! An international background is helpful, but not required. The opportunity requires a minimum of 6 hours per week at our office.
When you write us (please don't telephone), it is helpful if you tell us a little bit about your skills, experience, interests and anything else you might want to share so that we may respond to your inquiry more fully. If you don't hear back from us in one week's time, feel free to call our office at (858) 964-0709, but please contact us first by email.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 6 hours per week
- Transportation to our office