The Worldview Project is a San Diego based non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural awareness, understanding, and appreciation through web-based resources, programs, publications, social networking and local events.
10 REASONS TO VOLUNTEER WITH THE WORLDVIEW PROJECT:
1. You will be actively involved in furthering the cause of greater cross-cultural awareness, understanding and engagement (it's what we do!).
2. You will work with smart, enthusiastic, talented, and committed volunteers/interns who hail from all over the world, of all ages.
3. You will work in a friendly, safe, and supportive environment (check out our authentic reviews!).
4. You can enhance your resume (employers often check to see if a job seeker have volunteer history). If you do a great job (and met the requirements), you can ask us for a reference.
5. You will do work that is important (although some routine tasks still have to be done).
6. You will get to share your own international experiences (if any).
7. We will do our best to match your skills and interests with our needs.
8. You will have the opportunity to develop new skills or improve the ones you already have.
9. You may get to eat outstanding ethnic foods (and are encouraged to share!).
10. There is considerable room for growth in responsibility and the impact you have.
FYI: WE ARE REACHING OUR MAXIMUM CAPACITY FOR VOLUNTEERS/INTERNS AND IT MAY TAKE A COUPLE OF WEEKS OR MONTHS BEFORE WE ENGAGE NEW VOLUNTEERS FOR THIS POSITION, BUT IF THIS OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, WE URGE YOU TO APPLY NOW TO BE ON THE INSIDE TRACT WHEN THE OPPORTUNITY BECOMES AVAILABLE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING!
The Worldview Project is looking for Calendar Editor Volunteers/Interns to research local events and post them on our online calendar. Working on the our online calendar will give you fresh insight about all the wonderful events that celebrate cultural diversity in and around San Diego.The ideal candidate will be: Someone who knows HTML (if you don't know it, we can teach you), will conduct research on local events happening in and around San Diego, possess good written communication skills, data entry, web and computer savvy, proactive, and dependable.
Most of our work happens during normal business hours, with only occasional weekend or evening hours requested. Our minimum commitment for a volunteer is 6 hours per week and for an intern is 10 hours per week and we are looking for individuals who can make at least a 6-month commitment whether you are interested in the volunteer or internship position.
Please visit our website at www.thewvp.org and our online magazine at www.parobs.org for more information about our organization and the work we do!
*** PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR WALK-IN UNANNOUNCED AT OUR OFFICE TO INQUIRE OR APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY. PLEASE WRITE TO US IN THE COMMENT SECTION PROVIDED IN THIS APPLICATION OR EMAIL US AT firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com ***
When you write to us, we'd appreciate it if you tell us a little bit about your skills, experiences, interests, and anything else you might want to share, so that we may respond to your application more fully. If you do not hear back from us in one business week's time, then you may call our office at (858) 964-0709, but please contact us first by email at firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest with the Worldview Project! We look forward to receiving your application. Have a wonderful day.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 6 hours per week for at least 6 months.
- Calendar Editor Volunteer/Intern
- Social Media Volunteer/Intern
- Journalist Volunteer/Intern
- Assistant Editor
- Assistant Volunteer Coordinator
- Content Developer Volunteer/Intern
- General Office Volunteer/Intern
- Marketing Volunteer/Intern
- Promotions Coordinator...
- Copy Editor Volunteer/Intern
- Acquisition Editor...