Opening Doors’ Refugee Resettlement Program helps refugees begin rebuilding their lives after being forced to flee their home countries. ODI’s Refugee Resettlement Program helps refugees establish a safety net and access the tools they need to start becoming self-sufficient, while promoting integration into their new homes in the Sacramento area.
Case Management volunteers work with refugees and gain both casework skills and advocacy experience. Additionally, volunteers are exposed to the social welfare system and are taught how to manage client cases. Refugee Resettlement volunteers are exposed to numerous opportunities to strengthen cross-cultural communication skills and broaden their multicultural awareness. Applicants must possess a high degree of cross cultural sensitivity and patience, be creative communicators and effective troubleshooters, pay close attention to detail, be able to handle confidential information, and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience working with multicultural populations
* Extremely detail oriented
* Ability to work independently and creatively problem solve
* Demonstrated interest in volunteerational issues, human rights, and refugee assistance
* Experience with client advocacy
* Ability to transport clients to and from appointments
* Bilingual, written and/or verbal proficiency in Farsi, Dari, Arabic, or Russian
* Experience working with culturally diverse clients
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Refugee Resettlement Case Management Volunteer- [Your name]" in the subject line.
- Office Reception
- Donor Management
- Case Work / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training