Become a docent with the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History!
We provide quality educational programs to thousands of youth every year in our Museum and outdoors. Help us lead educational programs for school groups (K - 5th grade) on a variety of subjects.
Museum Docent Programs (On-site)
- Ohlone Program (K-4th grade)
- Our Animal Neighbors Program (K-2nd grade)
Field Docent Programs (Off-site)
- Neary Lagoon Wetland Walk (3rd grade)
- Neary Lagoon Watershed Walk (5th grade)
- Pogonip Nature Rangers Program (4th grade)
Learn more about these volunteer positions & apply at:
- Outdoor Recreation
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 Weekday morning (Tues- Fri), 9am-12pm
- Most Docents commit to 1 shift per weekday. Shifts are approximately 1.5-3 hours long.