ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:a. Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video, and written)
- Monitor, listen and respond to members in a "social" way while cultivating leads and member engagement
- Develop and expand community outreach efforts
- Oversee design of social media pages
- Communicate with Project 1808 Board and UW Student Chapter in order to update our followers on upcoming events and initiatives
- Contribute ideas for short-term and long-term communications campaigns to improve visibility of organization and further an understanding of our mission
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and implementation of annual crowdfunding campaign
- Collaborate with Web Design intern to promote our website
- Collaborate with Social Entrepreneurship Intern to promote products and/or initiatives.
● Familiarity with the organization’s purpose, mission, and vision.
● Advanced written and verbal communication skills
● Outstanding ability to work in teams and collaborate with others
● Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc.) and
how to use the effectively for the promotion of a non-profit
● Basic graphic design and video editing skills
● Basic knowledge of the history of Sierra Leone -- Do some research.
● Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and other video/photo editing software
● Previous experience managing social media platforms for a non-profit organization or
● Familiarity with issues related to Africa, public global health, education, gender equality, etc.
● Experience with web design, especially using WordPress
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Video Production
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 7 hours/week