Volunteer tutors are an essential part of the Educational and Community Develoment program. Tutors will meet weekly with a youth to assist with improving educational performance, working on homework or projects, and improve study habits.
* Encourage and support youth through a one-on-one relationship with a child
* Keep record of volunteer hours
* Attend a Mentoring-101 course prior to starting (free)
* Keep in constant contact with a FACETS staff person with updates and
Time Commitment :
*Length of Opportunity: On-going, 1 Year Commitment
*Hours per Week: At least 1 hour a week
* Ability to work with children and manage behavior
* Someone who works well with and enjoys communicating with others
* Positive role model
* Must be age 18 or older
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 1 year
- Boys or Girls Club Volunteer
- Front Desk Volunteers (Fairfax)
- Volunteer Photographer
- Hypothermia Shelter Volunteers
- Translation Services Volunteer
- Lead an exercise group for women...
- Zumba Instructor
- Help children in Centreville,...
- Holiday Children's Gift Exchange...
- ESL Instructor Volunteer
- Pantry Volunteer at Family Program
- Tutor a child in Math, Science,...
- Have you had your Wheaties...
- Make a difference in the lives...
- Be an inspiring mentor!
- Van Maintenance Volunteers
- Volunteer Services Internship
- Front Desk Volunteer - Alexandria
- Drivers Needed to transport...
- The Technologically savvy are...