Volunteer tutors are an essential part of the Educational and Community Develoment program. Tutors will meet weekly with a youth to assist with improving educational performance, working on homework or projects, and improve study habits.
* Encourage and support youth through a one-on-one relationship with a child
* Keep record of volunteer hours
* Attend a Mentoring-101 course prior to starting (free)
* Keep in constant contact with a FACETS staff person with updates and
Time Commitment :
*Length of Opportunity: On-going, 1 Year Commitment
*Hours per Week: At least 1 hour a week
* Ability to work with children and manage behavior
* Someone who works well with and enjoys communicating with others
* Positive role model
* Must be age 18 or older
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 1 year
- (Ongoing) Female Models Needed -...
- Ongoing- Front Desk Volunteers...
- Volunteer Photographer
- Come One Come All - Fundraising...
- (Inactive) Lead an exercise...
- (Ongoing) Volunteer Drivers...
- Ongoing - Computer Lab Volunteers
- Case Management Intern
- (Ongoing) Help children in...
- (Ongoing) Employment Meet Up...
- (Ongoing) ESL Instructor Volunteer
- (Inactive) Pantry Volunteer at...
- (Ongoing) ECD Volunteer Tutors
- (Ongoing) Be an inspiring mentor!
- (Ongoing- Van Maintenance...
- (Ongoing) Front Desk Volunteer...
- (Ongoing) Male Models Needed!...
- (Ongoing) Community Development...
- (Inactive) Summer Intern -...
- (Ongoing) Child Care Assistant...