Character Soccer is a program of City Gospel Mission's Hispanic Outreach. Boys and girls learn soccer skills, as well as character building, personal growth and confidence, in an encouraging and fun environment.
The program is in need of Assistant Coaches with a background in soccer to help organize and lead soccer practices. Practices begin in September and are held for 6 weeks after school from 4:00-5:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Roberts Academy in Price Hill.
Students are 4th grade through 8th grade. The majority of students are Hispanic, but speaking Spanish is not necessary, just a love of young people as well as patience. City Gospel Hispanic Ministry staff will be on site during practices.
The Assitant Coach's Responsibilities:
- Assist in leading stretches and warm-ups
- Assist in teaching basic soccer fundamentals and techniques
- Assist in leading drills
- Be an example of a godly leader and role model for the players
- Provide guidance and upport for the player
- Work collaboratively with site coordinator, assistant coaches and volunteers.
Please complete an online volunteer application for working with youth, on our website at www.citygospelmission.org/volunteer-youth or contact Robin at email@example.com for more information.
- Sports Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Tuesday and Thursday for 6 weeks