The Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Cincinnati seeks an energetic and professional college-level intern to assist in the development and implementation of promotional/marketing campaigns and advocacy projects.
Strong writing and research skills required, along with a working knowledge of social media. Primary work will focus on special projects and Chapter communications related to Chapter events and activities. Applicant will also assist on state and federal advocacy initiatives and research projects. Communications and/or Political Science major preferred.
Applicant will also have the opportunity to learn from professionals in the field of communications, clinical service, aging, development and public policy as well as actively contribute to one of the region’s best and most successful non-profit organizations.
Work projects will include:
- Assist with promotional efforts that enhance public awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and the Chapter’s programs and services throughout the entire territory
- Representation of the Alzheimer’s Association, interacting with diverse constituencies
- Assist in the design and development of most Chapter marketing and educational materials, including program brochures and information sheets, promotional pieces and other items
- Political research
- Assist with messaging via social media
- Concentration on Marketing, Communications, Political Science or related field
- Transportation to office
- Microsoft Office skills are required, often using mail merge function and Excel.
- Database experience a plus.
- Must be pro-active, self-directed, detail-oriented and organized.
- Must possess strong inter-personal skills and excellent phone skills.
- Must possess capacity to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Flexible hours based on internship requirements and schedule of applicant. To apply, contact Steve Olding, Communications and Public Policy Director for the Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Cincinnati at: email@example.com
- Data Entry
- Critical Thinking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 9-12 hours per week