SOME Center for Employment Training is a skills-training and job-readiness program for low-income DMV residents who have faced barriers to employment or long-term unemployment. We train for two different careers: medical administrative assistant and building maintenance service technician, and we also provide intensive career development training.
We are currently looking for a Computer Tutor to assist our Job Search Club, which meets every Friday morning, from 10-12pm. The tutor would help students and graduates navigate the Internet as they search for jobs, and provide support with utilizing Microsoft word, email, and filling out online job applications. Additionally, the tutor would assist students with workshopping their resumes and cover letters, and offer advice about the job application process.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2 hrs/week (Friday mornings from 10am-12pm)
- Teach a Resume and Interview...
- Help Youth in a fun After-School...
- Senior Friendly Volunteer
- Looking for Landscapers to Help...
- Senior Holiday Dinner Baskets
- Breakfast and Lunch servers...
- DJ Needed for Senior Events
- Computer/Resume Writing Tutor
- Computer Literacy
- Food Services
- Group Fitness Instructors Needed!
- Registered Nurses
- Saturday Bingo Game
- Shoppers Bag