80 people are interested
The 51 st Annual Pink Palace Crafts Fair/ September 22-24, 2023
ORGANIZATION: Memphis Museums, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
80 people are interested
The 51st Annual Pink Palace Crafts Fair / MoSH/ Friday- Sunday, September 22-24, 2023
Join us for the 51st Annual Pink Palace Crafts Fair benefitting MoSH, The Memphis Museum of Science & History. With nearly 150 artists from around the country joining us this year, the 2023 Pink Palace Crafts Fair may be our best ever.
Have you ever wondered how it all happens? It takes hundreds of volunteers to make it successful... and you could be one of those people!!! Volunteers are needed for just about everything from the volunteer sign in table, the petting zoo, the children’s crafts tent, the rock-climbing wall, and many more. Please join us Friday -Sunday, September 22-24, 2023 and help make this our best year ever.
All volunteers get a 51st anniversary crafts fair tee-shirt and admission to the fair before or after their volunteer shift.
To volunteer please use the link below or if you have questions please e-mail Janie Best Paraham Manager of Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-636-2438Volunteer sign up page link
Manager Volunteer Services
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Memphis Museums, Inc.
Pink Palace Family of Museums, 3050 Central Avenue, Memphis, TN 38111, US
The Pink Palace Family of Museums inspires visitors to discover human cultures, the natural world, technology and the universe. Our vision is to be a leader in creating a community of lifelong learners.
The Pink Palace Family of Museums is the most visited of Tennessee’s museums and one of the largest facilities of its kind in the Southeast. You can explore the cultural and natural history of the Mid-South through exciting exhibits, dioramas, and audio-visuals. Trace Memphis' development from the time of Spanish explorers through the Civil War and the yellow fever epidemics. You will also see how dinosaurs and fossils dramatically chronicle our ever-changing planet. The Museum also hosts a number of touring exhibits for visitors to see and experience throughout the year. The Museum offers:
- The Crew Training International 3D Giant Theater, with a screen four (4) stories high, offers educational films that takes you to exotic places or engages you with stories of world exploration from the deep sea to outer space.
- The Lida Gammill Sharpe Planetarium, a 130-seat theater-in-the-round, using planetarium technology to project star fields, visual images and patterns on a domed ceiling.
- Lichterman Nature Center, located in the heart of metropolitan Memphis, offers exciting nature exhibits and spans 65 acres of lake, meadow, and forest habitats. A certified arboretum, Lichterman has the convenience of extensive handicap accessible indoor and outdoor facilities for use during all types of weather. Three miles of accessible trails wind and loop through representative mid-south habitats punctuated by conveniently located rest stops.
- Coon Creek Science Center, located in rural McNairy County, Tennessee, is one of the most important fossil sites in North America. This property contains a treasure lode of superbly preserved Upper Cretaceous marine shells and vertebrate remains left there 70 million years ago when the water of the Gulf of Mexico receded.
Audubon Park (Corner of Perkins Ext. & Southern)Memphis, TN 38117
July 25, 2023
- Visual Arts
- Child Development
- Stage Management
- Youth Services
- Must be at least 15
- Volunteer time commitment is 3 to 4 hours depending on volunteer placement.
- Volunteers must stay for the whole shift. Please wear outdoor closed toe shoes, to volunteer please use this link : https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0a4ba4a829a4fb6-the50th#/