We have a group of young adults that are very excited to have found our program and to learn English!
Many are women that are stay-at-home mothers. We want to empower them in Milwaukee to become community leaders and help their neighbors find success too! We need to help each other so that no one feels suppressed or stuck, just because they cannot speak English. Increasing fluency will also help them become better guides for their children as they navigate school and make friends.
There are also men that would like to help provide for their families better, and need help to learn English so they can find better jobs and support their needs in communication.
We need you to help teach basic phonics through games and fun learning tools. If you like to read books but not necessarily with kids, please consider joining us on Tuesdays 6-8 or Saturdays 10am-noon.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once per week for two hours
- Branding a Non-Profit Opportunity
- Teach a STEM program to a Child!
- Reading Specialist - Raz Kids...
- Fix or Manage a Website for a...
- Teach Refugee Children to Sing!
- Help Refugee Children Learn to...
- Help Refugees in Milwaukee
- Teach/Tutor English to...
- Tutor a Child! Grades 1-12
- Read with a Child! Grades 1-12