153 people are interested
Dog Enrichment volunteer: If you’ve visited AAC, you know there are lots of dogs! Our dog enrichment volunteers make sure all our dogs get the exercise and attention they need to stay happy and healthy while they wait for their homes. Many of our medium and large dogs wait months to find their new families, so dog enrichment volunteers play a lifesaving role. Volunteers can work with dogs both on and offsite and many of our volunteers foster their favorite dogs. Have a training or behavior background? You can help teach our dogs basic obedience skills through positive reinforcement training!
Dog Adoption Ambassadors: Help adopters find the right dog for their family. Many visitors walk away without adopting simply because the AAC facility is so large and can be overwhelming. This position’s primary functions are to help people visit with pets including assistance getting dogs out of kennels for visitors, answering questions about each animal and providing education and resources.
- Complete a criminal background check as part of initial orientation.
- Commit the volunteering six hours per month.
- Have regular access to e-mail and have an e-mail address.
- 13 and 14-year-olds may volunteer with an adult who is also a volunteer
- 15 and 16-year-olds must have an adult attend orientation with them but can volunteer independently
Go to http://www.austintexas.gov/page/individual-aac-volunteer to fill out an application and sign up for an orientation date!
We'll work with your schedule.
7201 Levander LoopAustin, TX 78702
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours a month
- 13 & 14 year olds must volunteer with a parent or guardian.