Front Desk Volunteers (Fairfax)
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Next Steps Family ProgramSacramento DriveAlexandria, VA 22309
The position will assist with day to day function in FACETS’ Next Steps Family Program office and greet visitors and clients when they visit or call the office.
- Willing to support the mission of FACETS
- Assist clients to include answering phone calls, handling walk-ins, and scheduling appointments
- Receive donations as well as sort mail
- Occasional data entry or filing
- Maintain the front desk and lobby of the office
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Programs is preferred
- Must work well with others and have good oral communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor
- Self-reliant problem solver and team player
- Bilingual volunteers are encouraged, but not required
- Patience and a passion for assisting individuals suffering the effects of poverty
Volunteer must be available at least 4 hours a week. Shifts are 9:00 am - 1:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm. Position is on-going, must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 months of service.
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a week for 3 months.
Report this opportunity