Champions for Health Social Media/Marketing Internship:
Champions for Health is a nonprofit organization (Tax ID # 95-2568714) dedicated to helping those without access to health care. We are seeking applicants for our Social Media/MarketingInternship held in our Kearny Mesa Office. The internship is an unfunded experience for current graduate, undergraduate students in good standing at schools of in their Marketing/Communication programs. It is also a great opportunity for marketing experts to share their knowledge.
Our Social Media/MarketingInternship provides an unparalleled opportunity for professional growth and development and will prepare the intern to be an ambassador for the important work in his/her profession, discipline, work setting or community. Interns will have frequent contact with San Diego health marketing experts, major funders and our awesome health partners! You will have the opportunity to aid our mission to provide pro bono surgical procedures for the uninsured, conduct field research and work alongside a great staff dedicated towards a healthy San Diego.
The Interns will have the opportunity to participate in training/development activities at Champions for Health that may include:
- Exposure to Champions for Health program analysis and evaluation methodologies.
- Receive mentorship from Champions for Health staff and marketing professionals across a wide range of health disciplines.
- Assisting with our various preventative health events such as free mammograms and flu clinics.
- Support a strategic marketing plan for our annual events.
The internship is designed to align with Champions for Health strategic plan as well as support the individual/student's progress toward a career in Marketing, Communications, and Health Promotion. To this end the program will:
- Develop the public health force.
- Support those without health access in San Diego county.
- Orient the future public health workforce to Champions for Health mission, programs, leadership.
Description of Duties:
Although specific projects of the interns will depend on the initiatives at the time, the following list provides an idea of the scope and breadth of the interns work at Champions for Health.
- Help and coordinate a social Media Marketing Plan for our fundraising events and health and wellness programs.
- Help with social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers.
- Create, curate, and mange published content (image, video, written)
- Monitor, listen, and respond to users in a "social" way.
- Develop and expand community and/or influence outreach efforts.
- Oversee design of our social medial platforms.
- Compile reports for management showing results.
- Apply skills to goal-based projects in the range of competency areas specified by the students interests or school's curriculum.
Come learn and thrive in a supportive environment while gaining the tools to support the most vulnerable of San Diego. You will be under the mentorship of our Communications manager every step of the way with the ability to work from home on certain projects! Be part of our champions dream team today!
To apply please email your resume to our volunteer coordinator. Thank you for wanting to support those without access to health care and we cannot wait to hear from you!
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- once a week in the office