8 people are interested
Be a part of the Meals on Wheels team and office by offering your help as an office volunteer in our downtown Minneapolis office (free parking available).
We are searching for an office volunteer to join our team for a minimum of 2 hours per week. Hours can be scheduled Monday-Friday 10am - 4pm.
This position offers support to the Meals on Wheels office by offering administrative help including:
- Entering donations into donor database
- Creating and processing donor thank you letters
- Short term data-entry projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Desire and ability to learn new skills
- Ability to operate a computer and basic software
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail
- Reliable transportation to our office in Downtown Minneapolis (free parking lot available)
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Gain valuable nonprofit and office experience to build your resume
- Feel good because you are helping Meals on Wheels in leading the effort to ensure that individuals in our community receive nutritious meals and the human connection they need to enable them to live independently!
- We will provide you with a letter of reference after three months of service
Benefits to the Clients and/or program:
- Meals on Wheels volunteers are part of a huge effort - over 4,000 meals are delivered each day in the Twin Cities area. These meals enable seniors and people with disabilities to remain living independently and happily in their own home.
- Our volunteers meet very important needs in our community including providing nutrition for seniors and people with disabilities and also providing a vital human connection.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Madisen Vukich at Madisen@meals-on-wheels.com
About Metro Meals on Wheels
1200 Washington Ave S, Suite 380, Minneapolis, MN 55415, US
Metro Meals on Wheels is the association of 32 Meals on Wheels programs in the Twin Cities metro area. With our program partners, we lead the effort to make sure people in our community receive the nutritious meals and the human connection they need to help them live independently.
Meals on Wheels is a community-based service that provides fresh, nutritious meals delivered directly to the homes of seniors and individuals with disabilities throughout the Twin Cities. In addition to regularly providing healthy food, caring volunteers provide social connection that helps meal recipients remain living independently in their own homes.
With the help of Meals on Wheels programs, seniors and people with disabilities get the nourishment and human connection needed to support daily activities, while reducing the need for medical support. For some recipients, these daily meals are the difference between living in their own homes and moving to a nursing home.
Meals on Wheels could not exist without the help of volunteers who deliver the meals and donors who help those who cannot afford to pay for the meals.
Every year volunteers deliver more than a million meals in the Metro area. With over 32 locations in the Twin Cities there is sure to be a program near you! Please join us!
We'll work with your schedule.
1200 Washington Avenue SouthSuite 380Minneapolis, MN 55415
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2 hours per week
- Reliable transportation to our office