Be a part of the Meals on Wheels team and office by offering your help as an office volunteer in our downtown Minneapolis office (free parking available).
We are searching for an office volunteer to join our team for a minimum of 2 hours per week and a minimum of three months, ideally November through January. Hours can be scheduled Monday-Friday 10am - 4pm.
This position offers support to the Meals on Wheels office by offering administrative help including:
- Entering donations into donor database
- Creating and processing donor thank you letters
- Short term data-entry projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Desire and ability to learn new skills
- Ability to operate a computer and basic software
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- High attention to detail
- Reliable transportation to our office in Downtown Minneapolis (free parking lot available)
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Gain valuable nonprofit and office experience to build your resume
- Feel good because you are helping Meals on Wheels in leading the effort to ensure that individuals in our community receive nutritious meals and the human connection they need to enable them to live independently!
- We will provide you with a letter of reference after three months of service
Benefits to the Clients and/or program:
- Meals on Wheels volunteers are part of a huge effort - over 4,000 meals are delivered each day in the Twin Cities area. These meals enable seniors and people with disabilities to remain living independently and happily in their own home.
- Our volunteers meet very important needs in our community including providing nutrition for seniors and people with disabilities and also providing a vital human connection.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to Tara Kumar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2 hours per week from November through January
- reliable transportation to our office