Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity is the leading charity in England providing bespoke emotional and practical support direct to families who have a seriously ill child. There is no other organisation that provides the range of services that we do. Rainbow Trust Family Support Workers support the whole family, from their child’s diagnosis, during treatment and, if needed, through bereavement and beyond.
The volunteer driver role is an exciting opportunity for adults who would like to be involved in providing a much needed, practical support for Rainbow Trust children’s charity. Rainbow Trust values the wisdom of its volunteers and the wealth of knowledge coming from their personal or professional experiences which they can share with the local community.
Please feel free to read about the experiences of our volunteers!
- To provide transport for health, social care or educational activity
- There may also be opportunities for volunteers to stay and support families at Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity activities.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Volunteers need to be able to communicate and be at ease with children and young people and families
- Experience of interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Ability to empathise with families in stressful circumstances
- Commitment to setting and maintaining appropriate professional and personal boundaries in line with Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity policies
- Non Judgemental approach
- To be responsible and reliable
- A friendly approachable disposition is essential and a sense of humour will help
- A full and clean driving licence
- Child Welfare
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Either on a regular or occasional basis