After School Tutors Needed!
Educational Talent Search at FIU
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
88 people are interested
In order to reach for the stars, children must first LEARN how to soar. This opportunity allows you to make a difference in a child’s life and help build their future through education. Help the students in the Educational Talent Search Program achieve their academic potential through tutoring and mentoring. Tutoring and mentoring will be held at the Biscayne Bay Campus (BBC) of Florida International University (FIU) after school and Saturdays when available.
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world" -Mahatma Gandhi.
*Due to COVID-19, ETS has moved the tutoring program fully virtual until further notice. Tutors will now proctor group or one-on-one sessions with students via Zoom.
Responsibilities and duties:
● A 3-4-hour weekly commitment - minimum
● 3-4 months - Semester commitment
● Able to meet students In-person and/or Virtually for the tutoring session
● Attend monthly tutor staff meetings for check-ins and updates
● Fill out tutor evaluations for end-of-term performance report
● Must be a student enrolled or will be enrolled in a university
● Must be 18 years or older
● Must have earned a B+ or better for the subject [or related-subject] tutored
● Must be in good academic standing within their University
● Must agree to background checks when working with minors
About Educational Talent Search at FIU
3000 NE 151st Street, BBC, WUC 257, Miami, FL 33181, US
The mission of Educational Talent Search is to provide students with a blueprint to attain post-secondary education through academic support, personal enrichment, and college & career exploration.
Educational Talent Search is a federally funded TRIO program that seeks to assist low-income, first generation students attain their goal of post-secondary education. Florida International University has been a host institution for Educational Talent Search since 2002 and serves the students of northern Miami-Dade County.
The FIU Educational Talent Search Program is designed for middle and high school students with academic potential who are interested in reaching their academic and career goals. The program provides on-going academic preparation, counseling, and enrichment activities. Students may participate in the program from the time they are enrolled in the fall of their sixth grade until they enter their first year of college.