We are seeking tutors for students in our YouthBuild program - starting soon!!
YouthBuild is an alternative high school, development and job skill training program for young men and women 16-24 years in age who have dropped out of school. Students work towards their GED or high school diploma while training in construction skills and engaging in community service as AmeriCorps members.
YouthBuild offers committed volunteers an opportunity to engage in a meaningful way with young people in their community.
Expectations for a YouthBuild Tutor:
- Engage in a minimum 3 month commitment, for 1 to 2 days per a week during school hours
- Be positive, confident and adaptable
- Provide one on one tutoring
- Work effectively with 3 rd -12 th grade reading level students
- Provide tutoring in basic reading and math skills
- Encourage academic skill building
- Have a passion for education, humor and youth development
Volunteers considering this position would benefit from experience working with youth and a background in education or training and development.
Volunteers interested in this position will be required to attend an orientation and participate in a brief interview.
Desired Skills and Experience This position requires the following skills: General Education, Tutoring, Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Available during school hours