Position Description: With the gift of getting something for nothing, Silent Auction volunteers will help secure donated items that will be sold via a live and/or silent auction to the highest bidder. We're looking for a volunteer to help us prepare for our Fall November event. Ideally the candidates for this position will have virtually no fear and be full of personality. It is crucial that he or she is comfortable asking for stuff and most importantly. . . getting it for free! This is not an easy task, but a little charm goes a long way.
Location: From home, some local traveling to collect items and team meetings might be required.
Term appointment: 2 months, 5 hours a week.
Auction volunteers will solicit goods, services, gift cards, and experiences to include in our auction by approaching businesses in local communities. We will provide training, and all materials needed to support your solicitation efforts. Your efforts will really make a difference! Previous auctions have raised ~ $40,000!
1) Identify and Research potential auction partners
2) Solicit donations by mailing solicitation letters
3) Follow up mailed solicitations to secure the donation and pick up time
4) Create auction list, stating description of item, value and minimum bid
5) Work with volunteer coordinator for spotters, clerks, and checkers
6) Work with finance chair to establish payment methods, policies, etc.
7) Work with promotions chair in determining auction catalog needs
8) Arrange pick-up and delivery of all auction items
9) Deliver auction items to the venue on the day of the event and prepare all donations for display
1) Previous sales and fundraising experience a plus, but noot required!
2) Ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
3) Communicate with Asante Africa volunteer staff
4) Recruit and inspire volunteers to participate in planning and implementing the veent
5) Willingness promote the mission and activities of Asante Africa
6) Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
7) And most importantly, to have fun and enthusiasm for the event!
1) Directly impact Asante Africa's efforts to fund education-related projects that enhance knowledge, skills, and opportunities for hundreds of children in East Africa
2) Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run entirely by volunteers
3) Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high-growth nonprofit organization
4) Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- IT Associate
- Event Planner Intern
- Program Proposal Writer
- Project Manager / Event Manager
- Non-Profit Mailer
- Volunteer Grant Team Associate
- Auction Volunteer Team Member
- Business Operations Associate
- Event Coordinator
- Human Resources Intern
- Donor Management Associate
- Marketing Intern
- Co-Team Leader for University...
- Business Development and...