Do you have a passion for animal welfare? Are you seeking to make a difference by contributing your professional skills and knowledge to an organization that saves the lives of the helpless?
Since its inception in October 2003, Small Angels Rescue, Inc. has saved over 4,000 guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, and gerbils from euthanasia, abuse, and abandonment. We are a young, growing organization that serves an area of desperate need in the community.
We are an all-volunteer, registered 501(c)3 nonprofit. To help us in our mission, we are seeking a volunteer Social MediaCoordinator to manage our presence on social media. This role can be entirely remote, so you do it from anywhere in the country. We would prefer someone with significant experience with various forms of social media, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Pinterest, preferably in a professional environment. We need you! Come and join our growing team of devoted animal lovers and nonprofit gurus.
Here is what the role entails:
- Generate online traffic to SARI’s Facebook and Twitter pages through daily Facebook postings (currently synced using HootSuite)
- Liaise with other groups in the Rescue to establish what areas of priority there are for social media publicity - for example, events, animals SARI needs funding for, crucial volunteer opportunities
- Ensure that public responses to social media postings are handled in a professional and helpful manner (there are also several other SARI volunteers that are authorized administrators of the Facebook page to help handle these responses)
- Keep social media pages current and updates as necessary
Training on organizational processes and expectations will be provided! This position is best suited for someone who can offer approximately 1-3 hours per week, but you will have a certain amount of control over your own workload.
If you are ready to help make a tangible difference in the lives of little animals, please email your resume to Volunteer@SmallAngelsRescue.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- Animal Care / Handling
- Social Media / Blogging
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 1-3 hours per week