The California Film Institute is seeking reliable, well-organized photographers and videographers to help document the 39th Mill Valley Film Festival, taking place October 6-16, 2016. This position will work closely with Courtney Buffington, Digital Media Manager, Greg Garthe, and Rachel Olson, Volunteer Manager.
As a member of the MVFF39 Volunteer Photo Team, you will be responsible for shooting many aspects of the festival including:
- On-stage interviews and Q&A's with visiting talent & filmmakers
- General festival atmosphere
- Red Carpet Press Lines
- Special Events and Parties
- Sponsors and Sponsor product placement
- Commit to a minimum of 8 shooting assignments (approx. 2 hours per assignment)
- Must have your own photo/video equipment. MVFF does not provide cameras.
- Arrive on time for all trainings and shifts / shooting assignments. Please let us know 24 hours in advance if you are unable to shoot an event for which you’ve been scheduled.
- Photographers: Upload your best 25 images immediately following the event you are shooting; b-roll within 48 hours. Instructions & naming protocol will be provide.
- Videographers: Upload raw footage immediately following the event you are shooting. (If you have an interest in editing, please let us know).
- Receive one MVFF voucher for every two events that you cover
- Personalized Volunteer Badge to allow you access to Filmmaker Lounges to upload images and to theaters/venues while on shift
- Strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail
- Possess a positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- Able to learn quickly and work in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
To Apply: Fill out the Volunteer Photographer Interest Form at mvff.com/photo including a link to your photos online. In addition, all MVFF volunteers must register on Shiftboard, our volunteer scheduling website.
Application deadline: September 5
- Exhibition Arts
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training