La Cocina VA, a nonprofit social change organization dedicated to creating economic opportunities for unemployed and underemployed Hispanics in the DC metro area is seeking a professional and motivated individual to volunteer at its facility in the Ballston area in Arlington, Virginia.
- Edit documents in word and power point
- Entry data on excel
- Create social media newsletter
- Registration of grades and other student’s information
- Coordinate with Chef Instructor list of ingredients, scaled of menus for everyday meal production.
- Coordinate sign-in sheets, surveys, menus for the week, etc.
- Two days a week.
- Wednesdays from 9.00 to 5.00 pm
- Any other day of the week from 1.00 to 5.00 pm
1500 N Glebe Road, Arlington, VA at Mount Olivet Church commercial kitchen facilities.
Volunteer will be subject of a background check report in order to be insured under La Cocina VA’s liability insurance.
Other activities may include:
- Prepare class material for culinary classes, life skills/self-empowerment, Vocational ESL.
- Work with instructors to provide additional items needed for class
- Provide support to instructors, and assistance to students when needed
About La Cocina VA:
La Cocina VA was created to contribute to individual and community well-being. We believe in each individual’s potential to achieve success and improve their lives. We provide bilingual culinary training to unemployed and underemployed Hispanics in our community, allowing them to reach their full potential and have access to better-paying jobs. At the same time, we empower families to eat healthier, facilitating access to fruits and vegetables and helping our neighbors by providing nutritional meals.
To learn more, visit us at www.lacocinava.org
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 8 hours from 9.00 to 5.00 pm on Wednesdays.
- From 1.00-5.00 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday