Rainforest Partnership is an Austin-based international nonprofit with a mission to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature. Tropical rainforests are the oldest and most complex land-based ecosystems on earth. By fostering collaborative partnerships directly with rainforest communities, and around the globe, we connect, create and leverage innovative opportunities to protect the forest.
Films for the Forest is an annual international short film contest created by Rainforest Partnership. Winning films are screened as a part of SXSW Film Festival Community Film Screenings.
We are looking for interested Films for the Forest (F3) volunteers who are interested in contributing their skills, expertise and passion to the wonderful cause of protecting rainforests and adding to the growth of an international organization.
- Developing competition theme and categories, establishing filmmaker selection criteria and picking judges for the event
- Film maker outreach: Reaching out to potential filmmakers (film schools, film forums, RP social media etc) across the world and promote the F3 competition
- Coordinating with and selection of participant entries based on the selection criteria
- Coordinating with the judges for final shortlisting of the films
- Coordinating with SXSW Community Screenings for the event logistics such as time & date of the event and submitting winning films in the desired format
- Managing and coordinating with other volunteers working on F3
- Designing the flow of the winning films which are going to be screened and get the CDs ready in the desired format
- Managing the F3 website
- Working with the Director for Strategic Alliances to get sponsors/partners for the festival with the goal of generating operating revenue for RP’s on the ground work
- Arranging a meaningful reception to accompany our SXSW Community Screening
- Uploading winning films on Vimeo, Website and Youtube Channel
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Visual Arts
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum 5-10 hours per week