Can you move heavy objects? Catholic Charities Refugee Services needs your help to transport household furnishings from our Donations' Warehouse to our clients' new homes! This position is extremely important to the resettlement effort, as it is the first step in ensuring that our clients feel welcome and safe in their new community. When many of our clients arrive to the US, they come with little to no possessions, familiarity, or community; they should not have to arrive at an empty home as well. As a Move-In Volunteer, you can assure that all our clients have dignifying home furnishings and a positive start to their new life.
Move-in day is every Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We ask that volunteers commit to a 4 hour slot, though shorter time slots can be arranged
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 4 hours is preferred.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects.
- Resume Reviewer for Refugees
- Resume Review Volunteer for...
- Move In Volunteer
- Group Volunteer Opportunity
- Public Transit Orientation
- American Friend for a Refugee...
- In Home English Tutor
- After-School Youth Tutor
- Transportation Volunteer
- Temporary Office Assistant
- "Adopt a Grandparent" -- Refugee...
- Resettlement Case Assistant
- Help with Refugee Elders Program
- Refugee Family Mentor
- Housing and Hospitality Volunteer
- Mock Interview Conductor
- Refugee Elders Program Assistant
- Refugee Youth Mentor