Want to become more civically engaged this year and passionate about encouraging others to as well? Get involved with Waite House Community Center and our voter engagement campaign. We believe change is possible when everyone has an opportunity for civic participation. Through our civic engagement efforts, we are working to provide space to everyone who is willing to take challenges to build a better future.
Objectives include: from July-Nov. 2016, creating a group of people who are eligible to vote; building a relationship with the voting community; promoting a commitment to participate in the 2016 elections; and finding talents and opportunities to be active within our campaign.
* Visit people door-to-door to help with the voter registration
* Participate/table at civic and cultural events
* Outreach via phone-banking
* Enjoys working with diverse people & personalities
* Good communication skills
* Bilingual applicants (Spanish-English)
* Basic computer skills
Preferable commitment now through the end of the presidential election this November 8th. Times/days are flexible & dependent upon which volunteer area (door-knocking, event-based, phonebanking, etc.) the volunteer chooses to become involved with. Check with the volunteer coordinator for more info.
* Develop communication skills
* Make new contacts and friends
* Civic engagement experience with minority groups
* Knowledge of Voter Activation Network
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Flexible! Days & weekend shifts available.