Transitions EAAT is a Non-Profit (501 (c) 3) organization which centers on horse assisted activities and therapies that include riding, mounted and ground activities, grooming, stable management and more. Our students range in age from 5-80 and include individuals of all abilities. We specialize in helping those who live with disorders ranging from Post traumatic Stress (PTS and PTSD), Autism, Asperger's, Cerebral Palsy, OCD, ODD, ADD, ADHD and MANY more including those with physical limitations.
Transitions is the ONLY certified Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship (PATH) International Therapeutic Riding Center Member in the "251" area code. Our PATH Certified Instructor, Dawn Honeycutt, has 23+ years of training experience and is also safety certified with American Association of Horsemanship Safety (AAHS).
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
* LEADERS - Must have previous horse experience, ability to walk for an hour leading horses during lessons, getting horses ready beforehand and untacking afterward
* SIDE WALKERS - Walking beside the horse during lesson. Must be able to walk for an hour and use arms to support rider and not be afraid of horses -- they are really sweet animals
* GROUNDSKEEPER - Willing to help with chores, repairs, mowing, weed eating, painting, etc.
* FUNDRAISING - Working to help raise funds through sponsors for events, coming up with ideas and helping with events
* STABLE MANAGEMENT- cleaning tack around the barn, knocking down cobwebs, cleaning and filling water buckets, bathing horses
- Child Development
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- 1 hour session once a week for 8 weeks