Intertwined Conservation Corporation is partnered with Wild Macaw Association (WMA), WMA is a Costa Rican based nonprofit for the protection and study of a newly established Scarlet Macaw population in the southern Golfo Dulce area. This Scarlet Macaw population was established by a reintroduction program based in Tiskita Private Biological Reserve, the biological reserve that surrounds Tiskita Jungle Lodge. The reintroduction program started in 2002 and ended in 2014. It has been replaced by the Wild Macaw Association's Scarlet Macaw conservation program.We are looking for volunteer field assistants throughout 2017 and 2018. We can also offer guidance to students who want to make their volunteering into course work or an internship.
The main responsibilities are the following:
- Monitoring the health and safety of the reintroduced Scarlet Macaws and their offspring
- Collecting data on the ecology and social behavior of the released Scarlet Macaws
- Participating in projects, e.g. reforestation
- Participating in conservation education (optional)
- Animal Care / Handling
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 1 month, preferably 3 months or longer.
- Preferably:Field work experience affinity with birds (or work experience with other wildlife)