Workshop Series Coordinator
20 people are interested
Sweetwater is offering one (1) position for a Workshop Work Share position. A work share position at the farm is a mainly voluntary position, where you earn veggies for booking ,coordinating, and marketing our Workshop Series.
Workshops mainly take place during our Sunday Market time (12:30 PM - 3:30 PM) for one hour to three hours, depending on the nature of the topic and the type of presentation. And, Sweetwater holds workshops weekly. If there are any changes to this, the Market Manager will discuss availability with work share before scheduling. Other responsibilities for the Workshop Work Share include:
1. Networking and contacting potential workshop presenters based on the educational, local/natural, and community-based themes of Sweetwater Farm’s programs.
2. Fielding all online applications from potential workshop presenters and forwarding to the Program Director for review and scheduling.
3. Working with the Program Director and the presenter to draft promotional descriptions of the workshop, and aggregating information in workshop log for record-keeping.
4. Promoting event through various online venues to encourage maximum turnout to the event.
5. Emailing a reminder to RSVP list before the event.
6. Being present on the day of workshops to set-up (tables, chairs, etc.) before the presentation and to lead the clean up after the workshop is over.
This is an ideal work share for an organized individual who is flexible and available on Sundays, someone who believes in Sweetwater Farm’s mission to support the Tampa Bay community through quality educational and interactive programs, is comfortable working on the computer, and enjoys aspects of event planning.
For more information or to obtain an Workshare Application, please email Chris Kenrick, Director, at email@example.com
Check out our website for more information about the farm: www.sweetwater-organic.org
About Sweetwater Organic Community Farm
6942 W COMANCHE AVE, TAMPA, FL 33634, US
Our mission is to provide an experience that educates our community. Our farm serves as a model of sustainable, organic agriculture & appropriate land stewardship. We will provide opportunities to participate in responsible environmental leadership, growing organic food, & fostering a sense of community, while working together & enjoying nature.
Sweetwater Organic Community Farm was established in 1995 as a nonprofit community-supported urban organic farm and environmental education center in Tampa, Florida. We are located on 6 acres of suburban property along the Sweetwater Creek in Tampa’s Town 'n’ Country neighborhood, in Hillsborough County, Florida.
We operate a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Membership program, Sweetwater Sunday Farmers’ Market and Music Series open to the public, educational field trip programs for visiting groups, farm tours, workshops, outdoor movies, seasonal events, volunteer opportunities and more!
Through our hands-on programs, visitors of all ages discover the wonders of nature, explore ecological interconnections, practice appropriate land stewardship and master sustainable agriculture techniques. Our farm provides the freshest possible organic vegetables and herbs for hundreds of Tampa Bay residents each year.
At Sweetwater, community members come together to grow and enjoy fresh organic food, acquire sustainable living skills, support local agriculture, enjoy nature, make new friends and be a part of the community.
We'll work with your schedule.
6942 W. Comanche Ave.Tampa, FL 33634
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hrs a week