Sweetwater is offering one (1) position for a Workshop Work Share position. A work share position at the farm is a mainly voluntary position, for which every (_10_hours) worked either at or for a Sunday workshop event, you will receive a share of USDA certified organic vegetables from the farm.
Workshops mainly take place during our Sunday Market time (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM) for one hour to three hours, depending on the nature of the topic and the type of presentation. And, Sweetwater holds two to three workshops per month. If there are any changes to this, the Program Director will discuss availability with work share before scheduling. Other responsibilities for the Workshop Work Share include:
1. Networking and contacting potential workshop presenters based on the educational, local/natural, and community-based themes of Sweetwater Farm’s programs.
2. Fielding all online applications from potential workshop presenters and forwarding to the Program Director for review and scheduling.
3. Working with the Program Director and the presenter to draft promotional descriptions of the workshop, and aggregating information in workshop log for record-keeping.
4. Promoting event through various online venues to encourage maximum turnout to the event.
5. Emailing a reminder to RSVP list before the event.
6. Being present on the day of workshops to set-up (tables, chairs, etc.) before the presentation and to lead the clean up after the workshop is over.
This is an ideal work share for an organized individual who is flexible and available on Sundays, someone who believes in Sweetwater Farm’s mission to support the Tampa Bay community through quality educational and interactive programs, is comfortable working on the computer, and enjoys aspects of event planning.
For more information or to obtain an Workshare Application, please email Yvette Rouse, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our website for more information about the farm: www.sweetwater-organic.org
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8-10 hrs a week