Our History Corps Saturday morning program will start at the dig site at the Bailey House at 8:30am until 10:30am. Then the program will shift to the Upper Bushman Manor House at 10:30am until 12:30pm.
History Corps Volunteers are sought to work in the History Center to complete the following activities:
- Asset Inventory- Volunteers will wash, photograph, and apply a museum tag and identification number to historic park assets. General descriptions of the asset and its condition will also be entered into a computer log for inventory and tracking purposes.
- Asset Restoration - Volunteers will follow museum practices to stabilize and in some cases repair and restore historic assets for display, interpretation, or adaptive reuse within the park system
- Library management - Volunteers will catalog the collection of books that will be used in the research, documentation, and interpretation of park historic assets
- Artifact preparation - Volunteers will clean, sort, and attempt to reassemble artifacts removed from archeological digs on park sites or relating to park historic assets
- Archeological Excavation - Volunteers will support the exploration and documentation of historical sites using standard archeological practices
Uniform: Work clothes
Please complete our volunteer application on our website - www.oaklandcountyparks.com/volunteers.
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 4 hour shift, once per month
- Please fill out our volunteer application on our website.
- Pumpkin Fest
- Glow on the Road
- Dog Park Ambassador – Orion Oaks
- Awesome Autumn Dance
- Addison Oaks Boo Bash
- Dog Park Ambassador - Red Oaks
- Natural Resources & Land...
- History Corps Saturday Morning...
- Trail Ambassador
- Halloween Happiness Adaptive Dance
- Sensory Garden Volunteer Days
- Destination 4-H
- Trick or Trees
- Dog Park Ambassador - Lyon Oaks
- Springfield Oaks Golf Volunteers
- Garden Caretaker
- BMX Races
- Glen Oaks Golf Volunteers
- Trick or Treat at the Oakland...