Can you type? Most probably. A volunteer typing job within our Hospice could be the answer to your conundrum of wanting to volunteer but not knowing what type of work to do.
This transcription job will require you to attend an interdisciplinary team meeting made up of our clinical staff, i.e., our medical director, nurses, social workers, volunteers, bereavement coordinator, physical and occupational therapists and chaplains where you will record via shorthand and or typing what is being said, sometimes word for word, sometimes just the key points.
What Skills Are Needed To Be A Transcriptionist?
There are a few training requirements before you can begin. You will need to attend an in person interview and orientation (12-15 hours, broken up over a few days) and then you would be notified of the days/times you need to arrive. Your success will be gauged by the following:
Have you got a good command of the English language?
How is your spelling and grammar?
How fast can you type?
Are you really available at the times you’ve said you’re available?
Is There A Minimum Age For This Type of Volunteer Work?
Yes, we are looking for professional skills-based volunteers with educational qualifications such as a high school diploma or advanced degree.
What Days and Times Do You Need To Be Available?
- Tuesdays from 3pm-5pm, EST - Norwalk Office, 14 Westport Avenue
- Thursdays from 4pm-5:30pm, EST - Orange Office, 240 Indian River Road
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of Six Month Commitment
- Recently Retired? Office...
- Looking for Certified Pet...
- Seeking Shorthand Guru or Speed...
- !Alto! Se busca voluntarios
- Pastoral and Bereavement...
- School is Back in Session......
- Looking for a Loving Heart and a...
- Blanket us with Your Love, Make...
- Speak Spanish Fluently and wish...
- Provide Companionship, Dignity,...