HOURS: 2-6 hours per week
The volunteer facilitator works with the Outlet Program Coordinator to co-facilitate LGBTQQ youth groups in various locations, including Redwood City & Mountain View. These are peer social/support groups, not clinical/therapeutic groups. These groups meet weekly. Looking for at least a 4 month or more commitment.
For more information about Outlet please visit http://www.acs-teens.org/what-we-do/outlet/
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete facilitator and volunteer training with Outlet staff (8-10 hours, including observation.)
- Co-facilitate at least one of 5 youth groups with another volunteer or staff person.
- Allow time for facilitator check-ins before and after each group.
- Assist with distribution and management of intake forms and evaluations.
- Assist with set up of rooms, including coordinating food/snacks, seating, etc.
- Drop In Group ( 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM) on Tuesdays In Redwood City - *Please be aware that this is not a support group setting
- Trans Femme Group (6:00 to 7:30 PM) on Wednesdays in Mountain View - *Experience working with trans femmes and trans women preferred
Must be highly interested in working with LGBTQQ youth ages 10-25. Experience working specifically with the transgender community is a plus. Excellent communication and listening skills. Highly responsible and dependable. Ability to listen and guide discussions with teens. Ability to hold your own feelings and experiences until check-ins with co-facilitators. Youth group facilitation experience is a plus. Background in social justice work is a plus. Ability to be flexible and integrate into the Outlet Program and youth group culture.
Send resume and brief cover letter to:
Ben Liddie, Outlet Program Coordinator
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training