Volunteer Usher at The Bing and Ella’s Theater
Purpose of Role: As an usher at the Bing Theater, your primary role will be to provide assistance with questions about seating and offering extra support for patrons who need help getting to and from their seats. This role requires exceptional customer service skills and the ability to communicate thoughtfully with a wide range of audience members and guests of all ages.
Main duties will include:
- Arriving at theater on time, at least 45 minutes before the start of show
- Understand layout of the theater, where seats are located and the most efficient way of leading guests to their desired seat.
- Answering questions about when the show starts, ends, and where to find the restroom and concessions.
- Offering suggestions and guidance for patrons who need special accommodations.
- We are looking for dedicated volunteers who can commit up to 8 hours per month in 2 hour increments for at least a 3-month period.
- Customer service experience in the theater or other sector will be helpful for this role.
- A desire to provide patrons an easy, enjoyable experience.
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Comfortable working with patrons of all ages.
Volunteers are vital to the Friends of the Bing team and the continued success of the theater.
To apply, submit a detailed cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, explain your qualifications for the position and why you would like to volunteer for Friends of the Bing.
In addition to playing a part in providing Spokane access to premier theater performances, as a volunteer you will receive two tickets to every show to which you offer volunteer support. Submit materials to Marianne@gvdcommercial.com
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 8 hours per month in 2 hour increments
- Contact Marianne@gvdcommercial.com with your Cover letter and Resume.