Project Helping groups volunteer at Ekar Farm on the last Wednesday of the month. Check out the available dates and sign up here: http://bit.ly/2bm0bBe
Ekar Farm is an urban farm dedicated to educating the community about sustainable agriculture practices and food justice, and donating fresh, healthy organic produce to local food banks. From the platform of the urban farm, Ekar applies the practices of ancient traditions, customs and teachings to engage our community in the solutions to many contemporary issues.
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
For this volunteer event, we will help Ekar Farm with a work project on the farm. Depending on the need of the farm, this could be planting, irrigation, fertilizing, or weeding. Join us for some fun in the dirt from 6pm-7pm followed by a casual meal!FAQs
- Be part of something fun, engaging and impactful.
- As a volunteer you’ll be supporting your community and improving your own health.
- Earn tons of good karma and do something impactful. Trust us, your friends will be jealous!
- Speaking of friends, bring them along! Volunteering with friends and family makes the day even more memorable.
- And, of course, the chance to change the world. Who doesn’t want that??
Does this event require special skills?
There are no specific skills needed for this event, unless you consider being awesome and wanting to volunteer a special skill!
Are there age requirements for volunteering?
This is a great opportunity for all ages.
What if I have a large group that wants to volunteer?
We love to work with groups. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your group.
How do I sign up to volunteer with just a few friends?
Project Helping groups volunteer at Ekar Farm on the last Wednesday of the month. Check out the available dates and sign up here: http://bit.ly/2bm0bBe Please have you friends complete the registration form. We would love to have them join us!
ALL THE DETAILS: Where to meet and park? What to wear and bring? What is the agenda?
We will send out an email with details 3 days prior to the event and another 24 hours before.
To make sure you get the emails, please add Project Helping ( email@example.com) to your contacts.More Questions? Email Project Helping at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-551-0624
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Remove Graffiti at Otay Valley...
- Help Disadvantaged Children and...
- Lead A Project Helping Group...
- Prepare and Serve a Meal to...
- Help Get Food to Those in Need...
- Volunteer at the Food Bank for...
- Help at Organic Farm with...
- Provide a Hot, Healthy Breakfast...
- Volunteer to Help Children Learn...
- Help Distribute Food to Those in...
- Help Make the Playground Safe at...