HEAL, or Healthy Environments in Action and Leadership, is a South Bay-based support group for and led by LGBTQ community members. The support group meets every first Friday of the month from 4 - 6 pm at the San Jose Peace and Justice Center (48 S 7th St #101, San Jose, CA 95112.) We focus on recovery topics each month while leading community wellness activities such as guided meditations and journaling exercises, as well as provide free dinner and resources for our participants.
We are currently looking for community members who are interested in supporting the creating of healthy leadership spaces for the LGBTQ community in the South Bay. Committee members are expected to:
- Attend regular monthly meetings
- Participate in HEAL programming
- Collaborate with peers to create larger area programming
- Provide peer and community support, especially in regards to supporting mental health needs and potetial crisis needs
- Be yourself!
HEAL committee members may take on additional responsibilities, or fewer responsibilities, to fit member's capacity.
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- Crisis Intervention
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Once a month for two hours
- Interest in LGBTQ Community Support