Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each volunteer is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward Together.
Jewish Family Service (JFS) is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, healthier, more resilient San Diego. JFS is seeking a committed intern who has a passion for event planning, gaining hands-on experience in a nonprofit organization, and cultivating a strong community of JFS supporters.
Goal of Position:
The development volunteer will play a vital role in creating and preparing a variety of different projects to support our special events (i.e. descriptions for the auction items for Heart & Soul Gala).
* Understand the elements/art of relationship building and management
* Get insight into the development department of a four star nonprofit agency
* Develop administrative and writing skills
* Support the advancement of JFS by working with the Development Team
* Gain database experience in Raiser’s Edge
* Gain exclusive access to event planning and management "behind the scenes"
* There is a $500 stipend and/or school credit available for eligible current students
* Helping to write all auction item descriptions using internet, phone and written materials provided
* Assist with labeling, stuffing and stamping envelopes
* Basic database tasks
* Special projects including thank you cards for special event donors and companies
* Ability to work independently in a team environment
* Meticulous attention to detail while working quickly and efficiently
* Ability to work independently and understand complex instructions
* Must be available to volunteer Saturday, April 21stst 2018
1. Must be able to provide own transportation to the JFS office location (location varies depending on assignment)
2. Must be at least 21 years old
3. Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp
4. Complete Volunteer Interview and Orientation with JFS Volunteer Services staff member
5. Agree to background check, reference check, and privacy & security policy
3-6 month commitment, prefer weekly set dates and times of 5-10 hours/week. Flexible hours based on the individual’s schedule and regular office hours. Must be able to volunteer at JFS Gala on April 21, 2018.
Jewish Family Service, Turk Family Center, 8804 Balboa Avenue, San Diego, CA 92123
Director, Signature Advancement Events
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3 month commitment
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Table Captain- Balboa Ave Older...
- Event Planning Internship
- Development Administrative...
- Jewish BIGPals: Mentors Needed!
- Citizenship Instructor
- Kitchen Aide
- Data Entry Specialist-Community...
- Murphy Canyon Military...
- Marketing & Social Media Intern
- Camp Pendleton Military...
- BrainHQ Facilitator
- Bikkur Holim: Become a Friendly...
- Fresh Market Distribution...
- Newsletter Production Volunteer
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Receptionist Assistant
- Volunteer Donor Steward
- Facilities Assitant
- Data Entry Specialist - Helping...