* Position will star in Fall 2017
Program: The Development team works cohesively to create and execute strategies
to secure funds from current annual donors and prospects. Some of these approaches include a
relationship management model and special events like the Heart & Soul Gala and the Ruby Schulman
Memorial Golf Tournament. The funds secured by the Development Department, in tandem with other
departments like Institutional Giving and Marketing, ensure that we can continue to Empower
Individuals and Families to move toward self-sufficiency, support Aging with dignity, and foster
community connection and engagement.
Goal of Position: The development volunteer will play a vital role in creating and
preparing a variety of different projects to support our special events (i.e. descriptions for the
auction items for Heart & Soul Gala).
* Understand the elements/art of relationship building and management
* Get insight into the development department of a four star nonprofit agency
* Develop administrative and writing skills
* Support the advancement of JFS by working with the Development Team
* Gain database experience in Raiser’s Edge
* Gain exclusive access to event planning and management "behind the scenes"
* Helping to write all auction item descriptions using internet, phone and written materials
* Assist with labeling, stuffing and stamping envelopes
* Basic database tasks
* Special projects including thank you cards for special event donors and companies
* Ability to work independently in a team environment
* Meticulous attention to detail while working quickly and efficiently
* Ability to work independently and understand complex instructions
1. Must be able to provide own transportation to the JFS office location (location varies
depending on assignment)
2. Must be at least 16 years old
3. Complete a volunteer application at www.jfssd.org/volapp
4. Complete Volunteer Interview and Orientation with JFS Volunteer Services staff member
5. Agree to background check, reference check, and privacy & security policy
3 month commitment, prefer weekly set dates and times of 5-10 hours/week. Flexible hours based on
the individual’s schedule and regular office hours. Volunteer will need to be available to volunteer at the JFS Gala on April 21st, 2018
Number of Volunteers Needed for Position:
1 or 2
Worksite/Department: Jewish Family Service, Turk Family Center, 8804 Balboa Avenue, San Diego, CA
Immediate Supervisor: Director, Resources Development & Signature Events
- Data Entry
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 month commitment, 5-10 hrs/wk
- Computer Lab Specialist
- Development Administrative...
- Sunday Funday Survey Administrator
- Food Pantry Downtown needs You...
- Give Rides & Smiles! San Diego...
- Jewish BIGPals: Mentors Needed...
- Corner Market Volunteer
- Food Pantry needs your help to...
- Blog & Social Media Internship
- Cyber Cafe: Volunteer with Older...
- Child Activity Helper
- BrainHQ Facilitator
- Bikkur Holim: Become a Friendly...
- Fresh Market Distribution...
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Cozy Café-rista
- Nonprofit needs Reception...
- Volunteer Donor Steward
- Activity Instructor/Facilitator
- Facilities Assitant