HEAL, or Healthy Environments in Action and Leadership, is a South Bay-based support group for and led by LGBTQ community members. The support group meets every first Friday of the month from 4 - 6 pm at the San Jose Peace and Justice Center (48 S 7th St #101, San Jose, CA 95112.) We focus on recovery topics each month while leading community wellness activities such as guided meditations and journaling exercises, as well as provide free dinner and resources for our participants.
We are currently looking for a dedicated volunteer who can publicize HEAL through online and off-line activities:
- Create attractive and accessible brochures to be distributed during tabling events
- Regularly update HEAL updates on the LGBTQ Wellness Facebook and Twitter once a month
- Develop and facilitate community presentations to organizations in the South Bay twice a month
- Table and represent HEAL during ongoing community events and local resource fairs
- Strategize an outreach plan to target LGBTQ people of color and working-class community members
Time Commitment is flexible based on volunteer’s capacities and skills.
- Minimum: 2 - 3 hours a week.
- Maximum: 5 - 10 hours a week.
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Graphic Design
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training