Imagine you are a teenager who has only the clothes on their backs. Now imagine you are getting help from an organization, and are invited into a room full of clothes to take whatever you need. How would you feel if that room was in complete disarray, with piles of clothes on the floor, nothing organized by size, and half of what is available is pleated corduroys? Now, imagine how you would feel if the room is neatly organized, with a wide array of styles to choose from, with your sizes easy to find. Which room would YOU want to use?
If the idea of sorting and organizaing oodles and oodles of clothing, art supplies, games, books, movies, and more gets you all kinds of excited, then this position is for you! Assist Cocoon House staff with cleaning and organizing our donation rooms. The upkeep of our donation rooms is important to the youth we serve because it helps us to quickly find what we have and it helps us assess other items that we may need.
This position would:
- Sort through incoming donations and place them in the appropriate location
- Help to maintain the organization of the rooms
- Go through old items and place them in bags to re-donate
- Occasionally help staff by bring old donation items to other agencies to re-donate them.
- Child Welfare
- Child Development
- Organization Design
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- MINIMUM of a 6 month Commitment, 1 hour per week.
- TB Test