We're lookingfor a bright, well organized and outgoing volunteer who can take the lead on our donor program. You will be a part of building a innovative hospice model that provides celebrative experiences to kids with life-limiting illnesses and their caregivers. We plan to build the first free-standing children’s palliative care home and hospice in Seattle and to transform the way our nation takes care of this very underserved community.
Duties and Responsibilities
The donor relations coordinator will:
- Assist with all donor stewardship, renewal and recognition activities
- Coordinate and follow up on stewardship mailings and phone campaigns, as well as donor requests
- Work with the fundraising team to prospect and solicit major donors
- Identify and approach potential business partners
- Help increase (and formalize) communications with supporters
- Assist with general fundraising activities as needed
- Create monthly reports of donor activities
- Experience working in an office environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Database and basic website maintenance experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to follow through on commitments
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to build strong relationships with new people and organizations
- Fundraising and/or event planning experience an asset
This position requires a minimum 6 month commitment for 1-2 days per week for an average of 4 - 15 hours per month. Available times to work are Tuesday through Friday from 11:00am to 7:00pm. Saturday hours are negotiable. Some remote work possible once workflows are established.
Benefits and recognition
Volunteers are highly valued members of the Ladybug House (LBH) team and contribute to making a significant difference in LBH’s ability to transform the way our country cares for families dealing with children with life-limiting illnesses. LBH will publicly recognize our volunteer contributions via our Volunteer Spotlight section of our quarterly newsletter. We will also provide reference letters and LinkedIn recommendations for all volunteers who successfully complete a placement.
- Database Administration
- Donor Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months; 2 - 8 hours a month
- Signed agreement, tracking of hours.