The Child Watch intern will help with coordination of on-site child care in the IRC office. Includes curriculum and activities development and planning; working with other volunteers and community partners; and ensuring the safety and supervision of all children using Child Watch. Ability to work with parents and understand the specific needs of single headed households and child care.
- Pursuing a degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, or other family services related field required; or certification in childcare preferred
- At least 1 year experience working with parent programming in an educational or recreational capacity; preferred experience working with refugee or immigrant parents; knowledge of women’s empowerment issues preferred
- Strong intercultural communication skills and ability to relate to individuals of different backgrounds.
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of French, Arabic, Somali, Swahili or other refugee language preferred.
- Preferred experience with developing educational activities for early childhood education.
- Program coordination experience preferred; flexibility and ability to work in fast paced environment required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills;
- Fingerprint Clearance Card, First Aid and CPR certified; other certifications for childcare preferred.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the behest of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. With support from our community partners, the IRC leads the way from harm to home.
- Child Development
- Child Care
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 15-20 hrs/week
- Fingerprint Clearance Card
- K-12 Education Intern
- Parenting Workshop Volunteer
- Education Program Intern
- Individual Development Accounts...
- Child Watch Intern
- Citizenship Class (Avondale)
- Job Training AmeriCorps
- Resettlement Shop Coordinator...
- Citizenship Classes
- Wellness Intern
- Job Development Volunteer
- Parenting Workshop Intern
- Intensive Case Management...
- Finance Intern
- Microenterprise Intern
- Adult Education Volunteer
- Citizenship Class (Midtown)
- Citizenship Class (South Phoenix)