Make a Difference in the Life of a Person with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
10 people are interested
- Do you like to play video games? Shoot hoops? Toss a bocce ball? Bowl?
- How about watching movies or listening to music and talking about it afterwards?
- Are you a fan of putting together puzzles or playing board games?
- Do you have a talent for arts and crafts?
- Maybe you enjoy cooking or know how to cut calories when making "old favorites" like brownies or lasagna?
- Do you have a hobby or interest that you could share with others?
- Are you tech-savvy? Could you teach someone how to use an iPad, or use Skype and other online programs?
- Do you like to teach people about finding jobs, resume writing, or interview skills?
- Are you interested in making friends, making a difference, and having fun while doing both?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, volunteering with The Arc of Chemung is for you!
Join the ever-growing group of people who "Make A Difference" at The Arc of Chemung! We strive for fun and flexibility with a variety of opportunities from food service, technology, recreational, and one-on-one relationships, to name just a few.
Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Residential - At the residences, you can play games, assist with household activities and so much more.
- Recreational - You can attend Monday night dances, go to concerts in the park, attend hockey games, assist with score keeping at bowling, swim with new friends, help with arts and crafts, attend Special Olympics or play a variety of sports like baseball or bocce ball. Fun is always the game plan! Our agency pays for all activities and events you attend with people we support, so you attend free of charge.
- Senior Companion - Are you 55 years of age and want to offer your years of wisdom? The Arc of Chemung has a program designed especially for you! You don't need medical or technical skills to be a Senior Companion. All you need to know is how to be a friend.
Do you need to complete an internship or community service commitment? There are several positions at The Arc of Chemung that may correspond with your career and educational goals. You can even receive credit, while being paid as a per diem staff member.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
The Arc of Chemung711Elmira, NY 14901
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18