The volunteer blogger contributes skills and talents in sharing ideas, thoughts, expertise and interest around HIV and AIDS prevention on Southwest Centers's swhiv.org and IgniteYourStatus.org website. The goal is to support the mission of Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS by writing blogs that will help attract, educate and engage the community as it relates to HIV prevention and AIDS awareness.
Responsibilities: The volunteer blogger will assist the Marketing and Community Outreach Manager in posting on line blogs that relate to HIV prevention and education. Responsibilities will include:
- Write non-fiction messages around HIV prevention to include but not limited to: current prevention stats, trends and new programs.
- Identify subject matter that will interest readers and/or promote a cause to action.
- Respond to blog emails.
- Monitor blog activity and remove or flag any inappropriate, threatening of non-related posts or comments; and alert Marketing and Community Outreach Manager.
- Work with program staff when necessary for potential client success stories or program-related information that compliments any blog conten.
- Attend IGNITE events when possible.
- Ability and desire to research, read, speak and write fluently in English. Bi- or multi-lingual is a plus.
- Ability to identify meaningful and useful content related to HIV or AIDS.
- Ability to identify data necessary for strong blog posts, including proficiency in using the Internet and social media for new or supporting data.
- Skill to synthesize information and meet with key staff as needed for blog content.
- Strong inter-personal relationship-building skills.
Time Commitment: Estimated 5-10 hours per week. Writing can be done any time that fits the volunteer's schedule if necessary.
To apply, complete the volunteer interest form at www.swhiv.org/get-involved/volunteer or contact Ellen Lord at email@example.com or 602-595-8154.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 per week