The volunteer grant writer contributes skills and talents tin describing the work of Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS in compelling terms. The goal is to support the mission of Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS by writing grants that will help raise a portion of fund for the programmatic aned general operations of the organization.
Responsibilities: The volunteer grant writer will assist the Chief Development Officer in preparing written proposals for funding. Activities will include:
- Meeting with the Chief Development Officer and/or program staff to discuss the specifics of writing assignments and to learn details about the program or project to be described in the written proposal.
- As needed, attending program activities to gain firsthand understanding of the program to be described.
- Writing draft proposals, including finding strong data for compelling case statements.
- Submitting the drafts to the Chief Development Officer for editing, and working together with grants officer and program staff to finalize the document.
- Write grant reports detailing outcomes and deliverable and how the funds are utilized.
- Ability to read, speak and write fluently in the English language. Bi- or multi-lingual is a plus.
- Ability to identify data necessary for strong case statements, including proficiency in using the Internet and social media for new or supporting data.
- Skill to synthesize information and communicate ideas logically in writing.
- Ability to work and interact and meet with key staff as needed to discuss the details of a proposal.
- Strong inter-personal relationship-building skills.
- Ability to meet definite deadlines.
Time Commitment: Estimated 10-15 hours per grant proposal; time will depend upon the volunteer's previous knowledge of the subject or topic, and the volunteer's personal methods or style used when creating written material. Writing can also be done any time that fits the volunteer's schedule if necessary.
To apply, complete the volunteer interest form at www.swhiv.org/get-involved/volunteer or contact Ellen Lord at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-595-8154.
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 per grant proposal