Step Up DC, Calvary Women's Service's job placement program, connects eligible candidates in Calvary’s transitional and permanent housing programs to employers in the community. Through the program, women gain additional opportunities to support themselves by re-entering the workforce.
The Step Up DC Data Management Volunteer will assist the Workforce Development Specialist by entering data into our tracking system (Apricot). An updated Apricot system allows the Step Up DC program to track successes, guide participants toward achievable goals and plan for the program’s future.
The volunteershould expect to:
- Enter participant job logs into the Apricot tracking system.
- Assist the Workforce Development Specialist with calculating program statistics such as the number of applications submitted, average time before job placement, and hourly wage.
- Assist with creating quantitative, qualitative and graphics based reports to demonstrate the successes, highlights and challenges of the program.
- Join a welcoming and diverse Calvary community of staff, residents, and fellow volunteers.
Please keep in mind that there are days when Apricot data entry will be light. Nonetheless, the volunteer's assistance is still needed to make sure the Step Up DC program thrives. In this situation, the Job Developer will assign the volunteer with additional administrative tasks such as:
- Identifying vacancies for job seekers by conducting web based searches that match Step Up DC participant’s interests.
- Entering new job leads into the Step Up DC Job Leads spread sheet.
- Assisting job seekers by customizing their resume’s for intended positions.
- Data Entry
- Database Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- 9am - 11am once a week (M-F) for one month
- Intermediate computer and job searching knowledge and skills, Intermediate data entry experience