Job Description: The Mariners’ Museum is seeking volunteers who like to greet people with a smile and talk. We’re looking for outgoing and friendly personalities who can converse with a diverse group of Museum visitors, donors, members on weekdays, during weekends and at special events (including but not limited to summertime Thursday night concerts in The Mariners’ Museum’s Park, a variety of Donor and Membership events throughout the year, and other special activities and promotions).
- Populating booths at special events onsite at The Mariners’ Museum and Park to greet visitors, answer questions and discuss the benefits of giving to The Mariners’ Museum and Park.
- Promoting and selling memberships when opportunities are available.
- Checking donors/members in during Special Events and maintaining event attendance lists
- Other duties as assigned, may include cross-departmental opportunities
Hours: Flexible-a minimum of 8 hours per week.
Appropriate Educational Requirement: Some college studies and interest in business administration, history and/or education
Required Skills: Valid driver’s license. Interest in non-profit and/or development field, communications, public relations and special events; attention to detail; experience with Word and PC based computer programs; flexible.
Reports to: Lindsey Faison, Executive Assistant to the VP of Development and External Relations, Email: email@example.com; Tel: 757.591.7702
- Resource Development / Management
- Executive Admin
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Administrative Support
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 8 hours per week
- Some college studies & interest in business administration, history and/or education See posting!