24 year old advocacy organization dedicated to Building Stronger Communities needs an objective marketing review of our new web concept. Then need a volunteer to implement those recommendations.
This is a significant task to achieve a significant outcome. As a non-profit, we have built our community development concepts upon telecommuting strategies. These strategies positively impact so many national and regional issues yet they conflict with the goal of maintaining the status quo. We are confident that there are others who understand thie challenge and are willing to engage.
The Challenge: Everyone is concerned about energy, emissions, traffic congestion and flexible work schedules. Strategically applied telework has a massive impact on all three plus the employer's bottom line. For 40 years telework has been dcominated by the ad hocapproach where an employee asks their supervisor permission to work from home on some negotiated schedule. Our approach focuses on the employer's fiscal and operational benefits. Our program integrates facility "right-sizing" continuity of operations and a strong accountability/evaluation program. It is based upon an analysis of all occupations and the managerial decision about what percent of each occupation should be deployed. It is designed for larger organizations. With everyone's perception's based upon the ad hoc model, we need something new and powerful to get them to understand that this approach can help them strategically.
The Scope: Our system provides an integrated approach; the employer data links to the region so that the regional impact of telework can be statistically quantified to assist them with infrastructure investments, traffic forecasts and a better understanding of both disaster response and electronic infrastructure capacity. We see this as an opportunity for community revitalization, many apparently see it as a threst to urban densification (which may be doomed anyway if distributive technologies are applied as many are already doing to support residential distribution)
- A marketing review of our proposed new website with recommendations for new copy, graphics and web placement
- A graphic artist to implement those recommendations
- A web designer to put it all together
Other thoughts: Fundamnetally we need someone to structure the pages, navigation and insert the content. Ideally that person will be familiar with .asp, virtual basic, html--- and if we are really lucky that person will also have a graphic design/marketing sense to help communicate that which is a fairly complex application.
- Phase I- Short term we need a good image and a good message- and quickly because we are expecting a news story, perhaps national, and need a new face
- Phase II- Longer term we need a fully functioning site that will link to our asp based backend that delivers the services.
- Phase III- The backend pages are resident on an old frame- based site; they need to be updated as well
A team would be terrific to bring all the necessary skills together, llighten the load and speed up the process. We are hoping to set up a mobile site that links to the traditional site as well.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with any and all interested volunteers.
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Depends upon the phase and the task- varies