The shelter worker volunteer position supports our advocates and clients by running the day-to-day operations of the Lewis House in Hastings. Some of the duties include, but not limited to:
* Answer and direct phone calls.
* Screen and answer the door, accept donations, direct vendors, inventory and put away grocery orders.
* Support and interact with clients.
* Perform typical office duties, including faxing, copying and printing.
* Follow Lewis House safety and security procedures.
We are looking to fill 4 hour shifts: 9am-1pm, 1pm-5pm, and 5pm-9pm. Weekend and weekday shifts available. Extensive training is provided, as a result we ask for a 6-12 month minimum commitment.
NOTE: I am hearing from potential volunteers that they do not receive my email reply. If you choose not to provide your phone number and have not received an email from me with in 24 business hours, please check your spam, junk and/or deleted files to see if my response automatically went there. Or, feel free to call me at 952.985.4017. Thank you.
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Long term commitment, 1 - four hr shift/wk
- Please apply via our website: https://www.360communities.org/volunteer/volunteer-interest-form/
- Rosemount Food Shelf and...
- Hasting Lewis House "Shelter...
- Court Advocate Volunteer, Hastings
- Burnsville Family Resource...
- Burnsville Food Shelf -...
- Rosemount food shelf - Fridays
- Burnsville Food Shelf Volunteer,...
- Sexual Assault Advocate Volunteer
- Farmington Food Shelf Lead...
- Lakeville Food Shelf Volunteer,...
- Child Care - Eagan Lewis House
- Court Advocate Volunteer, Eagan
- Rosemount Food Shelf Volunteer,...
- Eagan Lewis House, Shelter...