The shelter worker volunteer position will support the advocates and clients by running the day-to-day operations of the Lewis House in Hastings. Some of the duties include, but not limited to:
* Answer and direct phone calls.
* Screen and answer the door, accept donations, direct vendors,
inventory and put away grocery orders.
* Support and interact with clients.
* Perform typical office duties, including faxing, copying and printing.
* Follow Lewis House safety and security procedures.
We are looking to fill 4 hour shifts: 8am-Noon, Noon-4pm, and 5pm-9pm. 6-12 month minimum commitment
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Long term commitments, 1 four hr shift/wk