We love groups of all kinds and sizes to help out with special projects and events at the Children's Museum of Richmond. A variety of group opportunities are available throughout the year for service teams of various sizes. Groups can have volunteers from age 14 to 99 !
Our groups help in a variety of ways including:
- Book Bank - plating (putting stickers on) and sorting
- Garden - weeding and watering
- Outdoor - clean-up and beautification projects
- Characters- dressing up in character costumes (Seymour, Elmo, Pooh, Piglet, Superman, ect.)
- Floor Activities - Games, art projects, face painting, educational activities
- Deep Cleaning - wiping down exhibits with nontoxic cleaner and magic eraser, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming
- Prep Work - Prepping materials for our education department, cutting out parts for crafts, hole punching, sorting
- Santa Land - Helping kids pick out presents for their parents or siblings (seasonal)
- Painting - re-paining rooms in the museum, touch up paint on exhibits
- Field Trip Assistance - classroom support for our educators during field trips
- Product Stickering- help put the price stickers on our merchandise
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- We ask that groups commit to a 3 hour time block.
- Do not take court appointed hours.