Brain Injury Services offers animal assisted activities (Generally dogs) to our clients. Our Fantastic Fido wish list includes:
- Your pet is at least one-year-old and fully vaccinated.
- Your pet has been a member of your household for at least six months.
- Your pet is controllable in a flat collar using positive animal-handling techniques
- You pay attention to your pets’ needs.
This is a temperament test, so the dog's willingness to socialize is key!
Teams may volunteer with individuals with acquired brain injuries in Brant, Hamilton, Vineland, Simcoe, St. Catherines, or may support a children's literacy program at the Hamilton Central Library...Or both! :)
Contact us for a booklet with more info. (An evaluation takes approximately 30 minutes.)
Like us on Facebook! Brain Injury Services (Hamilton, ON) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brain-Injury-Services-Hamilton-ON/128980273910213
- Life Coaching
- Animal Care / Handling
- Mental Health
- Animal Therapy
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Generally one hour per week
- Must commit to six visits consecutive (Sched. is flexible after this intro period)