Come work with Chicago students to help them develop their skills in policy making, speech, and critical thinking in a competitive environment. Academic Debate is life changing for the debaters, but you can benefit too!
Why Judge Debate?
- Academic service learning opportunity
- Serve as a conscientious educator
- Use your professional skills to guide upcoming learners
- Improve your professional network working with other judges
- Earn a stipend paycheck
Debate tournaments are 6 rounds over 2 days, Friday and Saturday. Come judge one (or all) of our three working shifts:
Shift 1: Friday evening, 4pm - 8:30pm
Shift 2: Saturday morning, 8am - 1pm
Shift 3: Saturday Afternoon, 1pm - 5pm
Judges must receive a 1 hour introduction training on policy debate judging. We'll arrange a convenient time and location for the training to make sure that you're comfortable with this new opportunity!
Visit http://chicagodebateleague.org/volunteer/ for more details.
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Public Speaking
- Critical Thinking
- General Education
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Friday 4pm-8:30pm; Saturday 8:30am - 5pm
- Must have a social security number or TN to be paid